Rita’s Reward Application
Your privacy is important to us! This policy describes how the App collects your information, how that information is shared with Rita’s Reward, and how Relevant uses the information to provide you services.
Here are a few key points to remember:
- Relevant Collects the Data and Rita’s Reward Owns It: Relevant designs, produces, and maintains the App and is the primary recipient of the information collected by them. Relevant collects historical information about your usage of the App.
- Data Collected by Relevant is Only Used for the App: We make lots of Apps. Relevant does not use information collected by this app for the purposes of another Relevant app, unless the information is anonymized and aggregated, or otherwise de-identified.
- We Collect Your Location to Provide You Cool Features: The App, with your consent, collects location information produced by your phone—this information is not associated with any customer identifying information, and is not shared publicly or with other users of the App.
- We Do NOT Sell Your Data To Spammers: Relevant does not share any information collected by the App with third parties for commercial or marketing purposes, such as spammers, marketers, or data brokers.
Information We Collect
Registration Information. You must register in order to use the App (via Facebook or Gmail). When you register, you will be asked to provide a number of fields that may include any of the following: email address, password, your phone number, first name, last name, mobile phone number, security question, security answer, birthday, zip code, favorite store, or other demographic information. Some fields may be optional. Some of this information may be used to identify you to provide you with rewards.
Information Collected by the App
Usage information. The App collects information the App generates when you use it, which includes any information you enter into the App, as well as information derived from your use of the App, such as transaction information that is transmitted when you provide the cashier with your phone number or other identifying information like a barcode, and information related to surveys you submit.
Log Data. The App also collects the following background data about you, also known as log data, when you use of the Rita’s Reward App: (1) device type (e.g., the type of phone), (2) phone software version, (3) device identifiers, including iPhone device tokens and Android phone device tokens and device numbers, (4) number of uses and length of use of the App, and (5) IP address of users’ historical login information.
Location Information. The Rita’s Reward App is equipped with mobile device location information features. With your permission, the Rita’s Reward App will collect location data produced by your mobile device at regular intervals. This location information will be made available to Rita’s Reward with registration information and usage information removed.
How We Use Your Data
The App collects information and sends it to Relevant, where it is processed and stored. All collected information and reports about usage are provided and made available to Rita’s Reward App. Although Relevant is the primary recipient of the information that the App collects, all of that information is the property of Rita’s Reward.
The information collected by the App may be used in the following ways by Relevant:
- To provide services including the issuance of points, rewards, surveys, and other functions that are part of the App or Rita’s Reward’s customer engagement program.
- To analyze point-of-sale data linked to your order when you provide the Rita’s Reward cashier with your App barcode. Relevant will analyze this to learn about your purchase preferences and to process and store details involving the time, place, number of items, order costs, which of Rita’s Reward’s customer service agents helped you, and other features of your orders.
- To communicate an offer, contest, promotion, survey, or other Application feature via the app or at the email address you provided to us. Relevant or Rita’s Water Ice communicates with you for these purposes at the direction of Rita’s Water Ice. You can unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions at the bottom of an email. If in the future the App includes push or test notifications, you can opt out of push notifications by going to the Settings area on your mobile device, and you can opt out of text messages by following the text program instructions to opt out.
- To periodically send emails, or messages giving you information about your loyalty, including maintenance issues. Because these emails are necessary to facilitate the functionality of the App and loyalty program or other functionalities, you cannot opt-out of receiving them as long as you are an active user of the App.
- To improve Relevant’s other services, for example, by analyzing customer usage patterns of the Rita’s Reward App and drawing conclusions from such patterns.
- To provide customer service, including to aid in the assessment of technical support requests.
How We Share Your Data
- Consent: Except as stated in this section of the Policy, Relevant shares personal information collected by the App with third parties only with your consent.
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information: Relevant may share information collected by the App with affiliated and unaffiliated third parties, but only where the information does not personally identify you, is aggregated with other users’ information in ways that make your personal identity impossible to discern, or is otherwise de-identified. Location information collected by the Rita’s Reward App is anonymized and not associated with any customer identifying information. Your location is not considered public information, is never published to other users of the App or to a public audience, or posted on any profile.
- Valid Legal Process with Notice: Relevant may share information collected by the App if it believes such a disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent harm to members of the public or required for compliance with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or court order. Where possible and not prevented by law, we will provide notice to you in advance of turning over any information.
- Third Party Service Providers: Relevant shares information collected by the App with third-party service providers as is necessary to perform functions and provide services to our customers.
Other Things You Should Know
Retention and storage of data. Relevant indefinitely retains the information collected by the App. Sensitive information such as passwords are encrypted and stored in Relevant’s database. That database is stored on servers hosted by GoDaddy located in the Philippines. To learn more about GoDaddy and to view their privacy notice, click here. Relevant designs products for clients other than Rita’s Reward but stores customer information from all its services in the same database. Relevant does not combine the user information from these services unless it is anonymized and aggregated.
Be careful with your information. If you contact Rita’s Reward via e-mail or by using the “contact us” or similar feature on the Rita’s Reward App, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit. Be sure to keep your password private.
Deactivation of Your Account. You have the choice to “deactivate” your use of the App by pressing the “Deactivate My Account” button in Rita’s Reward “My Profile” and input the Deactivation Code. The App will send the Deactivation Code at your Email.
Information collected by the App is not deleted when you “deactivate” your account, and both Relevant and Rita’s Reward will retain access to it. Once your account has been “deactivated,” your account continues to be stored on Relevant’s servers and is retained by Rita’s Reward. In other words, your deactivation of the App does not automatically delete the records associated with your user account.
The App is not directed towards children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact Relevant. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take action to remove such information and terminate the account.
Last updated: 09/27/2018